Sunday, September 12, 2010

Third Week

I am actually really excited that Mr. Chamberlain has asked me to start thinking about technology for younger students, because I never really thought about the adaptations that will include for my classroom until now. Just because kindergarteners are young does not mean they cannot benefit from technology. I really enjoyed this week of class. The video we watched with the young girl discussing children and the future really interested me. It was interesting that someone that young is so insightful, but also interesting because almost everything she said is so true. I love when we watch videos, and I love hearing other people's opinions on controversial topics, such as school killing creativity. This class is turning out to be more fun than I thought :)

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you are having fun. I think true learning must be emotional and I prefer fun over hate or distaste ;)

    In my opinion, the IWB's (interactive white boards) are most useful for the early childhood classes. While we have not explored IWB's, I think you will find my opinion of them tends to be pretty negative. Not when using them with the youngsters though :)

    This is just an example of how some tools fit better age groups or activities. Can't wait to see how you can adapt what you learn this week to younger students. Especially the ones that are not disabled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy!
    I am in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class and I was assigned your blog to comment on! I agree with what you had to say here and I think the class I'm taking is a lot like yours. We have watched many videos and I have heard so many different opinions about technology in school. I want to teach kindergarten and I agree that just because they are young doesn't mean they couldn't use technology. We read about a 6 year old boy who used an iPad without any help from anyone and without any instructions. This is amazing that technology is so easy to use and we, as educators, should take advantage and teach it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy,

    I am in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class and was assigned to your blog. My son is in kindergarten and I never realized how much technology they use until I interviewed his teacher for this class. It amazes me that they use Promethean Boards and computers daily. I'm with you! I love watching the videos. I seen a lot of great videos and read a lot of comments that I would not have read prior to this class. Keep up the good work!! Feel free to check out my blog http://staimpeldarleneedm310.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete