Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Made my Decision...

Kindergarten it is! Last Friday I observed a kindergarten class and fell in love. Granted, the teacher was wonderful and made it look easy, those adorable little faces and willingness to learn won me over. I can definately see how it could be a challenge and take a lot of patience to do, but I now know it's my passion. I am so glad I observed where I did, and the teacher was wonderful. It was even more special because I had her when I was in kindergarten :)Great great day. I hope I can make a difference in my future students' lives and really motivate them to do well and succeed, even at such a young age. Sure, some things about the kids were not so sweet, i.e. tattle tales, name calling, and not sharing properly. But ya know what? I even loved that part. I really got to see how there is a lesson in EVERYTHING, no matter how small, from making a pattern with the days on the calender, to discouraging a student from calling another student a "turd bird"...ha, gotta love child innocence honesty! ;)

As for class last week, working with the microphones and headphones was fun, and I can see how children of all ages would think it is "cool", but also get a lot out of it.

1 comment:

  1. I can really feel the enthusiasm in your post! I bet you feel a lot less stressed now that you have made your decision. I marvel at kindergarten teachers, there is no way I would be able to survive teaching 5 and 6 year olds for a year!

    ReplyDelete